Well done to last week’s winner!
How long can you hold the plank?
Time yourself doing the plank and fill in this form with your results! Send in your results on this new form before 5pm on Monday 8th June – https://forms.gle/UvBNLLGT1ZxX8cbx7
IMPORTANT! Make sure you record your time in the correct week or we won’t be able to collate your times
To perform the Plank exercise:
• Be face down resting your weight on your forearms and toes, pull your tummy in tight.
• Maintain a hold where your body is in a straight line from shoulders to heels for as long as possible.
• Keep a straight back and don’t allow your hips to sag throughout the exercise hold.
Please make sure that you have considered the following BEFORE commencing with this online activity.
You should not participate within the session if you are not fit and healthy. Be aware of your own capabilities and do only what you are comfortable doing – if in doubt, seek medical advice.
If you are under 18 please ask a parent or guardian to consent to you taking part.
They must agree to the following:
• That you are fit and healthy enough to participate
• They will be in the proximity to you at all times to deal with any issues that may arise
• They agree to stop the training if there are any health or safety concerns
• That the environment is suitable for what you are about to undertake
Check Your Surroundings
• Can you exercise outdoors?
• If indoors, what is the floor like? Is it safe and will it stay soo if it gets wet (if applicable)?
• Is the area well ventilated?
• Do you have a mat? If not, is the ground suitable for body-based exercise?
• Is there furniture you might bump into – can it be moved? If so, move it!
• Do you have enough space to exercise safely?
• Are there any trip hazards?
• You must wear appropriate clothing at all times including suitable footwear, no jewellery, etc.
• Keep pets and any other distractions out of the way during exercise!
Other Important Information
• Any equipment used should be wiped clean before and after use
• Stay hydrated
If you are happy with all the above, then you are welcome to join in!