From the 1st October, Swim Ireland will introduce a monthly online session focussed on a technical aspect of our sport. This Technical Theory Webinar (aimed at 9-12 year old age group athletes and their coaches) will replace the Coaching Practical Session component of the Club Cluster Clinics and will highlight the importance of a technical aspect of swimming and discuss best practice around this topic. The session will be delivered in two parts, each lasting 20-30 minutes; part one will be open to both swimmers and coaches, and part two will focus on recommended drills for coaches. Coach participation is very important, so that coaches are able to follow up by providing opportunities for swimmers to practice the skills presented.
Swim Ireland feel the positives of this initiative are as follows:
- Technical support for everyone rather than just those from the host club
- Technical advice direct to swimmers when safe communication on poolside is extremely difficult
- Reinforces the coaches message from a second source
- Short, sharp and to the point information with the opportunity to ask questions
- No need to travel to sessions
- Offers the swimmer information to be able to start taking ownership of their own development
The first Technical Theory Webinar will focus on Body Line and Balance, and will be delivered weeks beginning 5th and 12th October 2020.
Monday 5th October 2000-2100hrs (Sarah Fellner)
Wednesday 7th October 2000-2100hrs (Sarah Fellner)
Any questions, please contact Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org