The Bluefin Hurricanes, Typhoons and Tornadoes are battling a very close race, but the Bluefin Cyclones remain in the lead with 1,628km!
Where in the world are we? The teams have travelled 4,930km so far!
Congratulations to the Bluefin Cyclones, who – again – boasts the furthest travelled athlete, Kieran, who accumulated a 227km; and furthest travelled coach, Celine with a massive 64.5km!
Special mentions to Anthony 105km and Nessa 38km for the Tornadoes; Robin 91km and Sarah 82km for the Hurricanes; Mark 76km and Siofra 51km for the Typhoons.
Bluefin families… we need you!
Thanks to early fundraising last November, we were able to help the club and our families through lockdown one… and lockdown two. Kilcornan Swimming Pool have continued to support Bluefin SC all through our ten years of swimming. Now it’s time to return the support!
This is our club’s only fundraiser this year, so we are asking for all Bluefin families to get behind us – please donate and/or share – and help keep our club going and Kilcornan’s Sri Lanka Fund.
Donate here… https://gf.me/u/y6mbs7
Thank you to the families that have already supported the club… we are currently at €1050 so far!
Haven’t started logging your activities, yet? It’s not too late to get involved!
There’s lots of ways to clock your mileage, so check out our activity conversion chart below. Make sure to log in your activities here: https://forms.gle/DF3Fjd4TY3baBMiT8
Remember, every little helps your team!
What team are you in?
Are you a Bluefin Hurricane; Bluefin Tornado; Bluefin Cyclone or a Bluefin Typhoon?
How it works…
1. Do some exercise. Take a walk, go for a hike, ride your bike, run like the wind or go for a swim.
2. Log the distance you completed after every training here: https://forms.gle/DF3Fjd4TY3baBMiT8
3. The results are tallied weekly and updated on our team leaderboard, for the duration of the lockdown.
Activity Conversion Chart
Convert time spent exercising into kilometres!
There are so many ways to win…
1. Be on the team who travels the furthest distance in 6 weeks!
2. Be the athlete with the most kilometres travelled!
3. Be the genius who guesses the Big Bluefin final destination!
All winners will be announced at the end of the challenge – Tuesday 1st December 2020, at the end of the lockdown.