The Bluefin Swimming Club Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Thursday 9th June at 7pm sharp. Members will be sent an email invitation to join the AGM via ZOOM video conference.
The AGM is an extremely important date in our calendar and represents an ideal opportunity for parents to express their views and to contribute to the decision-making process of the club. Every swimmer should be represented at the meeting by at least one parent/guardian.
A number of important elections will take place, including elections to committee and other roles that support the work of the committee.
We are looking for nominations on committee for the following positions. Please forward all nominations for committee, naming proposer and seconder to the Club Secretary on or before Thursday 2nd June 2022 (week before).
We encourage all parents to consider putting their name forward for one of the roles to support the committee.
• Chairperson – executive committee
• Secretary – executive committee
• Treasurer – executive committee
• Vice Secretary
• Education Officer
None Committee roles
• Person On Duty – formally known as Parent-in-Attendance Secretary, non-committee role
• Public relations officer
• Assistant Gala Secretary – non-committee trainee role
• Squad representative – each squad will be asked to nominate a squad representative (parent/guardian only) in order to participate in meetings on behalf of that squad as per club constitution
Motions for the AGM
Please forward any motion for consideration, naming proposer and seconder to the Club Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Thursday 26th May.
All families will be expected as members to participate in either committee or sub-committee roles. This will become standard practice as part of the pre-requisite of club membership.
- Minutes of the last AGM
- Chairperson’s Report
- Secretary’s report
- Treasurer’s Report and Financial Statements for year to date
- Head Coach Report
- Club Children’s Officer
- Elections of officers and committee
- Date of next AGM
We look forward to your active participation throughout this process and during the meeting.