What is the Parent in Attendance (PIA)?
The Parent-In-Attendance (PIA) policy is a Swim Ireland directive. A parent must be in attendance, on duty, for each scheduled swimming session. Swimming sessions will be cancelled if there is no PIA.
A roster of PIA is emailed during the last week of every month for the following month. It is the responsibility of the parent rostered to arrange a swap with another parent if they are unable to be present at their appointed time.
The PIA should:
• Arrive 10 minutes before scheduled training sessions.
• Introduce him/herself to the coach
• Collect the PIA folder and record the names of the coaches and the attending swimmers.
• Observe the swimming session from the viewing area and for 10 minutes after the session.
• The parent in attendance should remain in the open area and should not go into the changing area.
• Parents in Attendance should not get involved in disciplining a swimmer(s).
• Record any incidents they observed during the training session in the parent in attendance sheet
• Record any reports given to them by coaches
• A major incident should be recorded in the Incident form
located in the PIA folder, placed in the accompanying envelope and left in the PIA folder.
• Return the Bluefin folder. The parent-in-attendance sheets
are important club records and should not be removed from